Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few tips

+2
Inevitable
Towelie
6 posters

Go down

A few tips Empty A few tips

Post by Towelie Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 am

So.. I just wanted to give a few tips about the forum that the staff may have not thought of.

1. First of all, the groups(such as moderator, assistant administrator, etc) are open groups(they shouldn't be). Which means that people can request membership in the groups. This isn't a big issue, but most forums have it closed, because you will just get a lot of unnecessary spam. Basically, you should make the user-groups closed groups, so the members only can join the group upon invitations from a group leader.

2. Most of the staff is inactive, which you guys are fixing with the PMs and stuff, still you should maybe try to make people EARN the staff positions. This will aslo motivate more people to be active, because they know that they can get staff if they participate on the forum. Right now you don't need a lot of staff. And if you give a staff position to people, just because you like them, the whole staff position could quickly lose it's value. Currently 4 users on this forum has above 10 posts. 3 of them are staff. This means that 75% of the active members are staff members. I think my point have been proven.

3. This leads me to my next point. The forum needs more members. When I had just made my forum, I sent PMs to random people on DD asking them to join my forum. Believe it or not, a bunch of people joined the forum. And it was active for a while. PM-whoring isn't allowed, though, and could get you banned. I didn't get a single warning, but what ever. My point is that you should advertize. You guys will figure out ways to get more members soon.

So yeah.. Just thought I'd share this with you guys. I really enjoy this forum, and it would be cool if it sucseeded Smile I'd be happy to help with whatever you'd like me to.
Towelie
Towelie
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

A few tips Empty Re: A few tips

Post by Inevitable Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:15 pm

I quite agree with your "earn a staff position" part. Rather, most people who are registered here are staff.
Inevitable
Inevitable

https://www.youtube.com/rashboo1

Back to top Go down

Post by JojoI3a Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Towelie wrote:
3. This leads me to my next point. The forum needs more members. When I had just made my forum, I sent PMs to random people on DD asking them to join my forum. Believe it or not, a bunch of people joined the forum. And it was active for a while. PM-whoring isn't allowed, though, and could get you banned. I didn't get a single warning, but what ever. My point is that you should advertize. You guys will figure out ways to get more members soon.

I remember that method, you should also make us a picture with a link, so that we can advertise the forum through our signatures
JojoI3a
JojoI3a
Rank Squad
Rank Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Towelie Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Yeah, in the signature we could use the banner of this site, but I think it might be a bit too large.
Towelie
Towelie
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by ~tmR Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Towelie wrote:Yeah, in the signature we could use the banner of this site, but I think it might be a bit too large.
I've made and sent a picture to AJSwinburne. If he thinks it's OK, I'll post it sometime.
~tmR
~tmR
Retired
Retired

http://www.pivotanimators.all-up.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Towelie Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:32 pm

~tmR wrote:
Towelie wrote:Yeah, in the signature we could use the banner of this site, but I think it might be a bit too large.
I've made and sent a picture to AJSwinburne. If he thinks it's OK, I'll post it sometime.
Sounds great Very Happy Send it to me, when he have accepted it.
Towelie
Towelie
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Inevitable Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm

If possible, send it to me, too. I'll put it on my signature on DarkDemon.
Inevitable
Inevitable

https://www.youtube.com/rashboo1

Back to top Go down

Post by sifterpivoter Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm

I agree Thumbs up
sifterpivoter
sifterpivoter
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down